View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2020-04-21, 14:33

I'm not sure if "replacing" the 21.5" iMac with a larger model is such a good idea. We already have a slew of customers who are concerned that the smaller model is already too large, and would like something a bit smaller. Yes, there are people out there who want a smaller screen.

Should this rumor be true, I think it's not a good idea. We'll keep selling computers, but only because people don't have a choice.

Now, that said, I think that it will be OK if this new thing is the same physical size, but with less bezel. That would be mostly acceptable. Still, larger screens can sometimes be overwhelming for older customers, and they almost exclusively opt for the smaller screen version.

And, if Apple intros a new, larger screen at a lower price than the 21.5" model, that will create another confusing space in the lineup. I think what is more likely to happen is a 21.5" model dropping to $999, a new 23" model filling the $1299 to $1599 space, and the 27" remaining up around $1800.

But, I'm probably wrong.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)