Thread: Word 98
View Single Post
zippy
Veteran Member

2007-03-02, 11:11

I use automatic updates to keep an office of about 45 computers up to date. Been doing it for a couple of years, and never a problem.

As for disk space used by an app, that used to concern me when hard drives were only measured in megabytes. Not any more.

I have Office 2004 on my Core 2 Duo iMac, and I don't think it takes more than about 3 seconds to load Word - I don't use it often, so I could be wrong. But even it it takes 6 or so, I'm probably not going to find much else useful to do with that extra 3 seconds.

I do agree that the programs have way more features than I want or need, but as long as I can turn off the automatic ones that bug me, then the others never get in my way. If I really wanted to, I could probably figure out how to re-do the whole menu system to remove things that I will never use, but it's just as easy to ignore them. Fortunately, it looks like Microsoft is starting to shed some of that extra crap in the latest version of Office.

Do you know where children get all of their energy? - They suck it right out of their parents!