View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2008-08-31, 18:06

I was wondering if any of you have opinions or info wrt Toyota's Rav4, whether you own one yourself, or have friends that do.

I test drove a Honda CRV a few days ago and liked it a lot, but it would only tow 1,500 lbs. with its four cylinders. *sniff*

The Rav4 has a 6-cylinder available, and with the tow package could tow 3,500 lbs., with gas mileage of 19-27 for the six cylinder version. (The four cylinder version gets 22-28, so the six is still pretty good for a compact SUV.)

As I've mentioned before, I'd like to get a Burro travel trailer sometime down the road, preferably the 17-foot version, which is about 1,800 lbs dry weight, before water is added.

(The Burro website burrotraveltrailers.com absolutely sucks. It sucks so badly that I'm going to have to drive to San Diego or Escondido to see if the company actually exists. I have repeatedly requested brochures from their site, with never a reply of any kind. If they exist, I'd want to see a Burro in person anyway.

I've been wanting a fiberglass travel trailer for years, and the purchase of my car has to include the possibility that I'll be able to buy and tow one eventually. There's another company called Scamp, but the interior of their trailers is designed by a guy who likes to fish and hunt, with no taste or talent for attractive interior design. )

Anyway, any feedback on the Toyota Rav4? Also, how are the Toyota dealerships and service departments to deal with? When I was shopping for a car long ago, I just *hated* the way the sales people were at the Toyota dealership. I ended up buying a Honda Accord.

If Honda had a 6-cylinder CRV, I'd buy it in a second! The sales guy I dealt with the other day was so nice.

Also, if anyone has a Ford Escape Hybrid, same questions as above for the Rav4.

Thanks so much for any replies. I'll be test driving a Rav4 today or tomorrow probably.

RAV4

Last edited by Windswept : 2008-08-31 at 18:33.