View Single Post
Boomerangmacuser

2008-09-02, 11:18

I just bought a '08 Rav4 this past May. I LOVE it! We went for the base 2wd for the better fule economy. I prefernit over the CRV for ths simple fact it has the spare tire on the door and therefore a HUGE storage well under the floor. CRV's used to have it too with a nifty picnic table for a lid. Now with a liftgate, they have to stick the spare in there. For me, storage for camping is important.

The similarities between Honda and Toyota make them pretty much a wash. Base model to base model, I preferred the feel of the Toyota. With your towing needs, the V6 is the tie breaker for you. Don't worry, you won't regret it.

I installed a 2" receiver (for a 4 bike rack, not for towing) on it. Draw-Tite has one just for the RAV4 and the frame is pre-drilled and threaded. Just bolt and go. Oh, you'll need a light kit and it would be a good idea to get a tranny cooler too.

If you want specific details, you can PM me.

Just remembered. If you have a Costco Membership, you can get fleet pricing on cars. I bought mine from Wilson Motors in Bellingham Wa and imported it to Canada. I live 30 min from Bellingham. They basically gave me cost + $600. Don't know where exactly in the Pacific Northwest you live....