View Single Post
Quagmire
meh

2010-02-08, 23:21

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
On most newer cars the breaks lock up if you turn the car off... at least in my experience.
No duh since you lost ABS as well. That is when you can pump the brakes. Or do you mean when the brakes use up the remaining vacuum pressure and the pedal becomes very hard to press? With that, you can still brake.

Even if you can't brake, you'll still be losing momentum at a decent speed. Just maintain control and coast to a stop. Turning off the car is not preferred and is certainly the last thing you should do if all else fails, but it is still an option.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roboman View Post
For vehicles installed with the push-button start (like the Venza), it's not exactly intuitive how to turn the engine off. You have to hold the button for three seconds, while panicky people are more likely to jam it quickly and repeatedly.

If these people know their cars, then they should realize how long it takes normally for the car to shut off when it has a push button.

Wait, nvm. I am giving people way too much credit when it comes to thinking straight when it comes to driving...... I had 3 people sit at a green light just today......

giggity