View Single Post
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2010-02-08, 23:56

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
I have a better idea, take control away from the driver away completely. You program in a route, and the car drives. Everyone would go the speed limit, break better, etc, because they wouldn't be involved at all.
Great idea.. Just like everything else today. Take the fun away from me and bring me down to the level of every other dumb wit out there. The day that happens is the day I leave whichever country it happens in.

Far better, raise the required standard of driver skill level, introduce driver license levels and regular retests, and make people appreciate the ability to drive. Or take it away from them and stick them on the transit system (reduce their license level) until they develop the required skills / appreciation for the machinery they want to drive.

If you just want to commute and go shopping you can have a little 100cc run about. If like me you want to go cross country in anything more powerful you need the required licences to do that or you go by train / bus or plane.

In my day I had to know how to look after a car as well as drive it to get my license.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt