View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2010-02-10, 22:18

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Well, Honda must have been sitting on its butt, because the recall is on cars from 2001 and 2002, meaning cars that are 9 or 10 years old, not 4-1 like Toyota.
Or issues didn't start to crop up until recently...? I don't know a lot about the Honda recall since I don't drive Hondas but that sort of thing happens all the time. It doesn't necessarily mean the company was sitting on their butt.

If Honda first tried telling everybody what was really ailing their cars was the floor mats, and then they started reinforcing brake pedals, but it seemed to be clear that what was really wrong with the cars was the software, but they insisted it was just the pedals, and then it came to light that the NHTSA was investigating Honda for whatever is ailing the Hondas back in 2004 but then one of the investigators got a job at Honda and the investigation was promptly dropped, and then it came to light that the politicians responsible for investigating Honda owned hundreds of thousands of dollars of Honda stock and had a vested interest in keeping Honda successful so that they would continue to operate plants and employ people in their states...then we could talk.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong