View Single Post
Ryan
Veteran Member

2022-04-10, 09:53

I'm inclined to agree on the very old house. I did some googling on that topic last night and everyone who's ever owned one agrees they're a ton of work.

I'm ready to rule out anything built before 1950. While I'd love something recent (post-1990) that's just not realistic in Denver unless I want to live out in the 'burbs, or buy a condo.

The larger yard is mostly dirt right now with some mulch border areas. If I buy it I'll xeriscape the yard so it's low maintenance and doesn't require a sprinkler system. I'm getting a dog later this year so I'll put in at least a small area of a new grass hybrid that's become popular in Colorado called "Dog Tuff". Only has to be watered a couple times a year, resistant to dog urine and doesn't even require mowing.

I pulled the permit history on the ranch house and got some information from the sellers. New roof in 2017, foundation repairs last year, garage and driveway have new concrete, appliances/water heater all brand-new, flooring is laminate wood (and also new). New fence and new windows and window frames.