View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-04-10, 11:01

The ranch sounds like all the big things have been recently addressed/taken care of. I’m not sure I’d pay $200K more for what my be an ongoing time/money drain, being so old.

They’re both “old”, but I can’t imagine the ranch being a huge hassle, or dealing with all the big-ticket renovations/repairs, after all the things you listed above…a five-year-old roof, new concrete, new appliances, flooring and windows. Any idea on the electrical and plumbing?

But I can only say what I would do (I hate constantly fiddling with stuff…household, tech, repairs, troubleshooting, neverending projects, making/cleaning up the messes often involved, etc.) so I may be wired completely different on all that than many here.

I hate giving up my entire weekends to “fixing shit”. I’m not a YouTuber, so it isn’t like I’d be filming that sort of stuff and making any money off it. Zero incentive. I don’t mind a few weekends a year, sure; I enjoy a good elective, cosmetic project in the spring and fall. But just constant “what is it NOW?!” major stuff would drive me around the bend! 🤪