View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2022-05-24, 08:57

Haven't seen any of season 6 yet. I wonder if it has the same problem as Star Trek Picard season 2 — COVID restrictions require scenes to have very few actors on set at a time, so the writers are forced to write them such that teams are spread out on their own little vanity quests.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
Hard to feel bad/sorry for Jimmy or Kim at this point, which makes it an even tougher thing to follow. Even if the main characters of a movie or TV series are shitheads, there has to be some sort of redeeming, likable scrap to hold onto/root for. Haven’t felt that in a while, and certainly don’t today. Everything Howard said about them, to them, was 100% true. Kim wrecked her life, throwing in with Jimmy. For the first time in the show’s run, I no longer really care about what happens to her. She’s damaged and vile. By choice. She’s no innocent, helpless victim. I see that now. She might’ve been, years back. But she’s as much of a soulless lizard as Jimmy. If she winds up taking one to the head by the series finale…oh well.
Well, I guess you could argue that for Walter White as well. That whole show is basically about the trajectory from someone you feel sorry for (cancer, too embarrassed to talk it out with his family, finds less legitimate ways to work around it but in doing so ruins his relationships) to someone you kind of don't. A descent into amorality. Arguably, that's what BCS has been about as well.