View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2020-02-13, 11:46

I actually watched the trailer to Call of the Wild last night. The CGI didn't jump out at me in any sort of horrific way. No more than the nuttiness I see in any Fast/Furious or these recent live-action Disney remake (which, BTW, nobody is asking for) trailers. I expected to see cartoon-looking animals. You're not gonna get a bunch of dogs, a bear or two, snow, rushing rivers, iced-over lakes, avalanches, kangaroos, pterodactyls, Martians and whatever else might be in this movie to all play nice (and safe). Hell yes they employed CGI...they don't want a bunch of dead actors and animals strewn all over the place.

Can't blame them...can you imagine the bad PR that comes with being the studio/director that killed Harrison Ford and a cute dog? I'd be willing to overlook the Ford thing, but offing a cute dog is pretty unforgivable in my book.

Beyond the safety aspect, you know how some of those dog actors are...the massive egos, demands and constant questioning/complaining about the script ("Why would I bark here? What's my motivation?", etc.). Not to mention smoking weed in their trailer all day, holding up production, annoying the cast and crew with their endless anti-Trump diatribes, etc. Just build one in the computer that isn't a time/budget-wasting pain-in-the-ass.

If they could've built a convincing one for a crotchety old-fart actor too, I'm sure they would've.