View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-04-27, 09:23

It’s so old. It has a small crack in the forehead from a cat-assisted drop about 18 months ago, the screen itself has some discoloration/blotching issues on top of the two-and-a-half year old battery (had it replaced once already in late 2018) and the lightning port/charging issues.

Due to all that (plus its age) this will be my second iPhone I don’t sell to help offset the cost of its replacement (the first was kept for historical/sentimental reasons). But that’s totally fine. I’ll factory reset it, put it back in its originally packaging and set it on the shelf next to my original 2007 iPhone…two solid workhorses that more than did their job for the three and five years I owned them.

Because that 5/5s design is my favorite of all time, I kinda want to hold onto this one as well for future “memory lane” enjoyment. I still take my original 2007 iPhone out of its packaging 1-2 times a year for kicks and chuckles.

As for my new SE, I think I will go with the black this time. I’ve had a white/silver iPhone since October 2012 (iPhone 5), so I think I’ll change it up on this next go-around, just for something a little different for a few years. There will be a future third, or fourth, generation SE (I hope!) that I can always switch back to white/silver if I want. And they’ll eventually be full-face designs as well, I’m sure. I’m confident, within two years, every iPhone will be full-face/no home button design, including the $399 SE. it won’t have the high end screen and fancy cameras like the others, but it already doesn’t anyway. I think they can easily put out a full-face SE-priced design in the next couple of years. As long as I can buy a $400 iPhone every 3-4 years, I’m good.