View Single Post
PB PM
Sneaky Punk

Send a message via Skype™ to PB PM 
2021-04-30, 08:39

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
This sort of fear of change is oddly common in IT (you'd think tech folks would embrace the future).
They only fear that kind change because it means a shit ton of work on the hardware side (likely the fun part), and on the bad side, baby sitting all the idiots in the office till 12AM for months afterwards because they don’t know how to print invoices and spreadsheets anymore. Not to mention that most companies will never give them the budget to upgrade properly, which means it’s truly a nightmare that a normal desktop user cannot even imagine. I know this because my cousin has worked in IT for 20+ years.

Quote:
With the Mac, I particularly saw it in the early days of OS X. For example, this article on the Dock is… toxic, for lack of a better word. Some of Siracusa's rants about the Finder also came close. There's a fine line between "it's bad because I have some legitimate concerns" and "it's bad because it's different".
What, how dare you think the dock is better than the old Launcher! In some ways it isn’t, but let’s not go there.