View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2009-08-12, 21:25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kickaha View Post
Also, Brad... don't think I didn't consider Lulu in all of this. I asked my colleague for his advice, and next thing you know I'm talking to a publisher. Yoiks. If it doesn't work out, or it seems hinky, lulu is my next stop.
No skin off my back! I'll be the first to admit that there are big differences in POD and traditional publishing and that neither one is the perfect solution for everyone. Generally, the former assumes you want (and can handle) full control of every little thing from typefaces and margins to marketing and publicity, whereas the latter assumes you don't want that control (or responsibility) and are instead interested in paying someone else to handle them.

Sounds like Roboman has said pretty much anything else I could possibly think to say on the subject.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.