View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2004-10-23, 08:19

MOST people seem to have a clue (or heed that big announcement they play during the trailers, about turning cell phones and pagers off). But it seems there is always one or two in the bunch...

As for TV, I've pretty much given up on network fare (dramas, sitcoms, reality shows, etc.). Yeah, those are certainly crap and I don't watch any regular, "must see" stuff on any of the major networks (yes, that includes the fucking Simpsons).

But I love the car and home shows on Discovery, TLC and HGTV. And I gotta watch my man Norm build something every Saturday morning.

There are some good, quality shows out there, like "The Shield" on FX. It's not all unwatchable crap. But I don't exactly hover around it, watching anything and everything. I know when a few of the shows I really enjoy come on, and I make it a point to try and catch them. Usually I do, if I don't I EyeTV it and catch it later.

No big deal.

You can't paint the entire thing with one big brush. For every "Joe Millionaire", there's some amazing documentary on the mafia on A&E that I enjoy and learn from.

Put it this way: if Comcast offered true a la carte service, where I could simply choose the channels I watch and like, I'd have about a 7-8 channel line-up on my TV.