View Single Post
scratt
Veteran Member

Send a message via Skype™ to scratt 
2008-12-18, 22:27

I guess I have been spoiled by Fallout 3. I am finding most PS3 games frustrating these days.. In fact most games on most formats are frustratingly linear and predictable with lots of doors and things you can't interact with. Grr.

LBP is hilarious. I have never laughed so much, or had so much stress free fun playing with my wife.. err.. Well you get what I mean! However, I do agree that the control system, particularly lining up with different 'depths' on the platforms is fscking frustrating at times.

Lara Croft is embarrassing. It's my wife's game and she loves the puzzles and all the LC games.. But they should be ashamed of launching a game that can crash so often and is so cheaply and badly put together. Fighting has always been pants but this latest version takes it to a new level, combat is like fighting a room full of drunken people with guns - you being the most inebriated! And the levels are so linear. And what gives with doors and areas on maps that don't open, or unintuitive things like only being able to climb one particular crate in a map (the only way to progress in the level), but none of the other identical ones.. Very very bad.

Resistance 2.. Ugh. I skipped Resistance after playing the demo, but the buzz for Resistance 2, and my needs for a new core online shooting game made me buy it. It's terribly linear. Has lots of frustrating 'gotcha' kills. AI is retarded, and your CCP friends seem to be invisible to enemies. I really don't see how this is the GoW for the PS3. It's not. GoW is frustrating and also linear, but Resistance 2 is from the dark ages of gaming in single player mode. Having said that.. Some of the levels look nice, and the music / sound effects really do make levels suspenseful - which is weirdly frustrating when a little voice at the back of your head is saying.. "Why are you playing this?". Online is a hoot though, seriously, and it's worth getting it just for that. It reminds me of UT3 a lot, which I also love.

'Remember, measure life by the moments that take your breath away, not by how many breaths you take'
Extreme Sports Cafe | ESC's blog | scratt's blog | @thescratt