View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-04-12, 11:02

Well, Disney's entry into the game is going to cause a lot of disruption. At just $6.99/month, it will be the least expensive service out there for the quantity of content it will provide. All of the Marvel Universe, Pixar, Star Wars, and the entire databases of 20th Century Fox and Disney!

Yikes!

Sign. Me. Up.

Disney has so much content, and so much family content, that this is going to put a lot of pressure on all the other services. The only thing I watch on Amazon is The Grand Tour. I watch a lot of Netflix stuff, but I'm not sure there's enough there to keep me as a customer once Disney+ goes live (I'll have both for a while until I can determine for myself). Netflix has a few good originals (especially The Kingdom), and lots of good documentaries, but I'm not sure that will be worth the $15/month.

Also, Disney has announced that Disney+ will be coming to the major platforms, i.e. Apple TV.

And, The Mandalorian will be exclusive to Disney+.

And at $6.99, what's not to like?

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)