View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2019-05-23, 11:40

Seriously, what's it gonna take to get some more activity on AN? I know we've had this discussion in the past, and the general answer seemed to be that most folks were busy with Twitter or some other social media thing. My counter to that goes like this: I am also a member over at AppleInsider, although I almost never post there because I do not like the ad-driven environment. However, they have a very healthy forum with regular posting. They also have a regular stream of articles and blah-blah-blah that drive a lot of that conversation.

So, how do we keep AN alive and thriving? Or maybe the better question is: How do we revive AN and get it thriving, again?

I've been a member here for 15 years and this is literally the only "social media" I partake in. I have no Twittersnapface presence, other than a Facebook account for work, and I only use that to post linked articles. I share nothing personal.

The old cats like Kickaha, Pscates, etc. haven't posted since the last election. That's over two years. Did we make AN too unfriendly and those guys just not want to be here, anymore? Did politics kill our site?

I really want to know.

I know some of those guys still hang around, peeking in through the blinds, but they no longer chat. I miss them.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)