View Single Post
Mikegrenwick

2005-09-11, 18:09

I have a Power Mac G5 2.3 Ghz with the standard 512mb, running OSX Tiger.

Usually when I click on any application or want use the computer it responds right away with no lag time. If I let the computer sit for 6 minutes or longer and try to run an application it takes anywhere from 5-15 secs to respond before doing anything then you hear the drive click and it proceed to do what it should. Also if I was on the net and wait 6 miuntes of longer and go to close a window the same thing occurs. Unacceptable.

I have gone to systems pref, unclicked "put drive asleep when possible" turn the other power saving setting to 1 hr plus and nothing. It is almost like the drive is falling asleep and waking up.....

This is my 2nd G5 in 3 months, first one crashed all the time out of the box, they gave me a new one....now they are saying if this one passes all the hardware tests (which in my book doesn;t mean much) tough luck! I have been told to several people this is not normal, I have tried to get my buddies powerbook running the same OS to do the say and it doesn't. I have tried this at the store on the other G5's they don't do it.

HELP....