View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2022-08-28, 14:13

Moving to PC/Android is not an option. However, I've been told by Mrs T that she REALLY wants to keep Apple Music. So even though I have tons of music in Plex, it isn't the same and isn't as integrated as Music and Siri.

Sooo...

I'm still exploring this but with the likelihood that I will not be getting rid of the One plan anytime soon.

That said, Synology Drive works great for an iCloud Drive replacement with my NAS. I already have a VPN through my NAS so I don't need to change up anything with that. Tons of space and no need for iCloud. We can have one device sync to iCloud for free (5GB) and any other above that sync to a computer. So phones to iCloud for free and iPads to computers kinda thing.

For photos, I'm working with Synology Photos right now. It is included free with the NAS so it is easy to test out. So far I'm backing up from my iPad to it and it is taking a while for sure. I've got ~25k images to be synced over. Mrs T, she has over 250k though. Heck, her having all of our photos is why we went to the 2TB iCloud plan. I'm not sure the NAS is going to be enough to handle her library... but I'm still going to try as a backup.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.