View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-12-08, 18:41

I got the flagships on the original, 4 and 5 and just paid them off over the two-year period and added to my AT&T bill.

But I prefer to just buy the $399 SE outright and only pay for my service at the cheapest price.

Turtle, that's what I'm hoping...a "de-Cadillac'd" 13 mini...LCD, single camera, etc.

EDIT: I just saw this at MacRumors.com:

iPhone 14 Pro Models to Feature Hole-Punch Display

I know it says the 14 Pro model, but if the entire iPhone 14 lineup moved to that new "hole-punch" camera/sensor whole, that means the larger, "old school" iPhone X-13 notch could be another thing that goes on a 2023-and-later SE, further setting it apart from the flagships.

Also worth noting from the above article: Apple is supposedly ditching the 5.4” mini for the 2022 iPhone 14 lineup and offering the standard and Pro lines in 6.1” and 6.7” sizes (iPhone 14 and iPhone 14 Max, along with iPhone 14 Pro and iPhone 14 Pro Max, I would assume).

Guess what? That leaves the smaller 5.4” design to be used for a third-generation redesigned SE (2023?) allowing for both a nice step uo from the current 4.7” model, while, more importantly, keeping it well under the two 6”+ flagship sizes. Another differentiator. Makes sense to me.

Hopefully things will play out like my graphic above in the coming 12-24 months. This article above is helping paint that exact picture…the 5.4” “mini” leaves the flagship lineup in September 2022, and reappears in a redesigned SE months later. In that case, people are fine with the smaller size at that affordable price (and that it’s smaller than everything in the 14-and-beyond flagship lineup). Just all makes more sense, across the board: SE = smaller, affordable and the flagships are big and premium-priced.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2021-12-09 at 07:43.