View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-01-04, 06:45

The things they opt to focus on vs. the stuff they don’t never fails to amuse/confuse/irk me.

As much as they hit on all cylinders in some areas/products, they’re completely ball-dropping/point-missing in others.

And every time I find myself thinking “well, they’re just one company; they have to prioritize and they can’t do every little thi…”, I slap myself and “bullcrap…it’s Apple! They’ve got more money than God, they can hire the absolute best and brightest - and as many of them as they need - to tackle anything and everything they want! There’s absolutely no excuse/reason for some of this silly shit.”

And that’s what it comes down to…want. That they seem okay with less-than experiences in various places, while constantly falling over themselves to make sure this-or-that product, market, checkbox, etc. is always addressed just comes across as a bit rudderless and arbitrary.

I always imagine there’s a dartboard in Tim’s office, and several times a year he flings a few darts at it and that’s their guidepost/roadmap. And they always land on the same 6-8 things. Some parts of the board have somehow managed to never be touched by a dart!

They’re the biggest company in the world. There’s absolutely no excuse for some of the things going on. And while the good far outweighs the iffy and the “uh-oh”, it’s because of all the above that the iffy/uh-oh stand out, and sting, a bit more than they probably would otherwise.

They suffer from Auto-Cranial Rectal Insertion Syndrome (ACRIS) more than most companies. They need to work on extraction protocols and breathe some fresh air from time to time.