View Single Post
mercmerc

2006-01-13, 20:27

I had a dual 2ghz powermac, and frankly, it was being wasted on me. the most intense thing I did on it was final cut. after testing my friend's imac G5, I was convinced that I didn't need as much expandability/etc. the tower had to offer. Sure it's nice to "know" you can max the machine out and start doing 3D animation, but after years of being a hardcore Mac user, I've realized that isn't my thing at all. In fact, I was just fine with my Powerbook G4 for Final Cut editing until I experienced the G5 tower.

So all that to say, I think the G5 tower is still great, but since I don't need it, this was the time for me to cash out and try to trade in for something fresher.

I'm starting to think my solution is to buy Final Cut 5, or Final Cut Studio off someone second-hand, and then eat the smaller price hit of the Intel upgrade. In the meantime, maybe I can snag a free second-hand copy of Avid from someone and use that for editing until March (since Apple sez everything will be somewhat usable under Rosetta 'except' Apple software).

See, all that jumping through hoops is what has me strongly considering just getting the latest G5 iMac. eh...

Last edited by mercmerc : 2006-01-13 at 20:33.