View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2007-05-12, 11:14

A few months ago Cingular's voicemail forced me to dump some of the messages that I'd been storing for posterity. Fortunately, I was able to record them off using a recorder, but that incident seemed like a harbinger of bad things to come. In the last couple of months my voicemail has informed me that it will store my messages for 14 days.... no options of long term storage offered.

So today I go to investigate and find that Cingular offers (as of May 12, 2007) two voicemail plans, which are equally sucky in comparison to the way the system worked previously, insofar as how long you can store messages. Your basic plan allows for you to store messages for 14 days, the "enhanced" voice mail ($1.99/month) allows you to store the messages for 21 days.

Last year I stored messages for 6 MONTHS (or longer).

What's especially curious is that I'm *already* paying $5.99/month for "enhanced voicemail", yet my messages will only store for 14 days.... is there some sort of "layering" of plans going on here? WTF?? Is it enhanced Enhanced Voicemail????

I know that Cingular's been working with Apple to re-jigger their network, and that this may be some sort of temporary condition, but as a customer I feel very, very confused...

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter