View Single Post
kscherer
Which way is up?

2021-02-04, 23:51

The younger generations will remember Poop Diggity Doug and Rank Comet because it's what they grew up with.

They will also remember Aretha and Metallica and Beethoven.

There are a lot of 80's meatheads I won't remember and won't care about in 20 years. But I'll always be a Metallica fan. And Queensryche. And Beach Boys. And Bach. And others.

And I'll always get a taste of my own stomach whenever the Rolling Stones or Beetles are on.

Not everyone is a fan of everyone, nor can you convince me to like the ones I hate. And I'll always wonder why they have staying power. But, I also understand that some celebrities reach god-status, and there will always be rabid fans who worship them until death comes along and saves them from their madness.

To the topic: I won't remember Miley Cyrus and her half-time show, but I will remember her performance in Rachel, Jack, and Ashley Too (Black Mirror) in which I thought she did a wonderful job "mirroring" much of what she went through as a child-star and the insanity associated with rabid fandom. I'd like to have a beer with her, listen to her BS for a few hours, and then walk away knowing that money and fame are not the secret to happiness. I feel for her—to the extent that my compassion can do so. And then I'm glad her drama isn't mine to contend with, and that I can turn it off whenever the hell I want.

- AppleNova is the best Mac-users forum on the internet. We are smart, educated, capable, and helpful. We are also loaded with smart-alecks! :)
- Blessed are the peacemakers, for they shall be called sons of God. (Mat 5:9)