View Single Post
drewprops
Space Pirate

2014-11-28, 02:17

I know that it can be frustrating when you're encouraged to celebrate things you're thankful about, in the midst of so many other of life's weights that may be pulling you down. But it's not a bad exercise to be able to hold the things in front of you and to say "At the very least, I am thankful for this" - and when you ARE blessed with many good things it's worth going through those things consciously, to recognize how blessed you are.

Did you know that to make it into the planet Earth's richest 1% you only need make around USD$54,000 annually. So many of us live like kings and we cannot even imagine how wealthy we are compared to most of the rest of our fellow humans. Even people who live half-cocked in 17th century waistcoats and cardboard breeches are like emperors compared to most of the planet.

So I'm thankful to recognize that, and feel challenged to do something about it, even as I realize that I need to find a more lucrative job.

I had a few scares with my folks this year, but everything has worked out and so I am thankful for another holiday season with them.

We all went to visit some of our relatives today and after lunch I went for a walk on their pasture land, dodging cow pies and enjoying the beautiful, chilly weather.

Steve Jobs ate my cat's watermelon.
Captain Drew on Twitter