Thread: iPhone 13
View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-11-04, 11:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
The "raise to wake" thing (or even tap to wake) doesn't exist on Touch ID phones, I don't think.
It does, and I've used it the entire time I've had this iPhone SE. It debuted on the iPhone 6s, and this SE came 4-5 months after that, with the same capability (they used the same A9 and, I'm assuming, basic sensors).

I'm actually looking at the setting right now (it's in the Display & Brightness section). For the record, I'm on a first-generation iPhone SE (early 2016) and running iOS 15.1.

These days I'll usually just ask Siri what time it is, but I reached over and picked it up to check the time (or any lock-screen notifications) 18 gazillion times over the years. As soon as it goes from being horizontal on the table to vertical in my hand, the screen lights up without me touching/pressing a single button.

It's only the lock screen (but that's often all I'm after...the time, date or any phone/text/email notifications). And if I want to proceed, I rest my thumb on the little round home button and I'm in the phone, in about one second (if that).