View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-12-22, 10:48

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucker View Post
I mostly agree. I get a new one every two years. The jump from 3G to 4S was massive, but the jumps from 8 to 11 and 11 to 13 mostly weren't that impressive, especially since you do get free software upgrades anyway.

One thing the 11 did change dramatically compared to the 8 was low-light photography. The 13 Pro adds macro, and I'm hoping my next one — the 15, I suppose — will have that in the non-Pro as well. Maybe even telephoto, if I'm lucky.

But if you're a hardcore high-end photographer, then it might be valid to use the Pro, and to upgrade that each year. I wouldn't recommend it for most people, though. Two, three, or even four years is perfectly fine.
Yeah, there may be specific scenarios out there. I’m just talkin go about normal, regular folks constantly swapping their phones out every time Tim Cook farts. They barely have it long enough, one year, to truly appreciate it or use it to its full capacity.

I have a cousin, and a couple of friends, who aren’t professional, demanding anytnings, believe me, and yet they get the pricey ones every single year, in some way or another (I probably don’t wanna know). And, on occasion, they’ll bitch and squawk about the cost or “how it ain’t that much different”, to which I get to reply “well no shit…ya think? I believe I’ve only been saying this forever. Why don’t you just get one every other year, or even three, and ease up on the throttle a bit?”

The look on their faces is the same as if they’d been shot out of a cannon.

“Well then, eat Ramen for the rest of your life…”.