View Single Post
Phoenix
formerly "trav"

2006-12-30, 20:46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Windswept View Post
I like these two. The first, because sunrise (sunset?) is a stunning time of day; the shot has nice clarity; and I like the contrast of the sky with the darkness of the ground, and the sun's intense brilliance sandwiched in between.

This second shot is just fantastic! Wow. I really think it's fascinating. For one thing, the conveyor looks like a golden bridge to heaven... that just ends in mid-air. Oops!

The steel and the lights are lovely and artistic, with the man-made, almost lacy structure so perfectly dividing the darkness of the sky from the lightness of the earth.

It's ironic that this visually-appealing creation is for the purpose of moving... dirt. Juxtaposing the intricate fabrication of man versus the ancient plainness of the earth. Okay, I'll shut up now.

You know what, I think you should get a nice print of the last shot, frame it, and present it to your boss (or the company president ) as a gift. It wouldn't cost you too much, and would be a nice (suck-up) gesture.

If 'scads' of people loved it, you could offer prints for sale, rake in the cash, retire young and go live on an island in the South Pacific.

Okay... maybe not.
Wow, thanks a lot Windswept. I don't usually get a lot of critique for my shots at work so this is good.

I don't think i will be printing off a copy to give to my boss just yet. I think brown nosing isn't looked at to kindly around here. Maybe when i leave this job i will do a nice montage with some of the better shots.

On the afternoon i went out to take these shots, it was just gorgeous. I only had one afternoon available to shoot as much as i could. It's a great place to shoot though, with massive equipment and the really nice landscape. The mine is surrounded by hills, so it was easy to get in a 4WD and look for a nice place to take the photos.

I'll try and post some more as soon as i get back on my normal computer.