View Single Post
turtle
Lord of the Rant.
Formerly turtle2472

2007-02-01, 01:45

http://web.mac.com/kellyteam/iWeb/To...%20PHT135.html

So click on the image and see my portfolio I just submitted for my class. It was a bit more of a pain than normal for me to shoot this time. I was "under the weather" for the first week of the portfolio which really limited me going outside in the freezing windy cold weather.

Can you believe the instructor wanted me to get up for a sunrise shot?!? I did, but it was tough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by torifile View Post
I have no idea why I like this shot so much but I do. The original photo was quite a bit larger so I cropped it down a bunch and the resolution isn't great because of that. But I actually like the graininess in the shot. I'm taking a photography class now and we're working on composition. Any comments?
My only real suggestion is to re-shoot that picture but frame it like you have it cropped now. The tip of the chopstick is a little distracting to me though, kinda sticking in my face. I like the noise (grain look) sort of, but you are far better off to take the image clean and add noise through Photoshop later if you wish. Or bump you ISO way up when you re-shoot it. Then you'll get a more natural type of noise from the start.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NosferaDrew View Post
Mmmm, espresso.
My friend, my friend.

Louis L'Amour, “To make democracy work, we must be a nation of participants, not simply observers. One who does not vote has no right to complain.”
Visit our archived Minecraft world! | Maybe someday I'll proof read, until then deal with it.