View Single Post
¡Damned!

2015-11-14, 11:50

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle View Post
I like the idea of the lowered accent style lighting if there is going to be lights on it. The way it looked on the single rail thing 709 did looked nice from the distance. I liked it. I will say that I also like the idea of being able to run on the rail rather than being forced to try to run on the tracks if you get dismounted by something like a baddie or other freak event. My mockup gave a foot path when needed, the future path doesn't need to be just like mine, but something would be nice. Getting a horse up there would be a bonus!
This brings up a good point. I never considered that we needed a walkway because I was just focused on a bullet train, but now that the consensus seems to favor 2 rails it makes sense to incorporate a walkable/ridable path.

To that end, where is the point that the subway from downtown turns into an elevated rail? Do we tie into Turtle's rail system and head south? Would that even work?

There is a very nice area about 16k out heading south. A simple lake about as big as our cove with extreme hills on one shore and grassland on the other. Ample dark oak not too far, plus a neighboring village to make quick friends with. Ocean and a monument just offshore. Don't know what the terrain is to get out there, but it should be explored. Preferably by a team!

As far as starting points go, I vote the subway station in Bradtropolis. We could head south, make a jog at Ken's and head west, then tie into T's line if he's up for it. Then go above ground at some point south of Turtle Estates. Also, for purely selfish reasons, I like that subway station because it lines up perfectly with 'topia and I'll eventually do something about that. Plus the transplanted Grand Central is getting turned into a paper mill.

So it goes.