View Single Post
Koodari
Veteran Member

2005-08-27, 11:07

In response to mommy8me's arguments:

GPU used to be about equivalent, slightly better in the PB, but right now the iBook's GPU is better.
VRAM is still lacking in the iBook and that was a horrible decision from Apple IMO. Same with DVI. They must really hate selling displays since they won't let iBook connect to any of their own... even though it'll connect just fine to any other manufacturer's display on the market.
Having had the 15" PB and now the 12" iBook I don't think there is any difference in the keyboard.
The iBook video "hack" is reversible in case of doubts, rock solid, and to date I haven't seen a single "hack messed up my Radeon iBook" post. Mine is driving 1920x1200 through the VGA connector no problem.

I have been very happy with my January-bought iBook which I augmented with some more memory, BTO Bluetooth and BTO 60GB hard disk. The current model has Bluetooth and double the memory standard, so it'd probably be fine as is, or with a HD bump. 10% faster CPU and lots faster GPU just sweeten the deal.

To OP:

You're right not to get the current rev Powerbook pretty much no matter what.

However, you're not telling what you need from your computer and what you're going to use it for. That makes a lot of difference to whether you should wait for next Powerbooks or get the new iBook.