View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2010-05-28, 14:29

Quote:
Originally Posted by ezkcdude View Post
These grids don't hold enough sites for me. I'm using Chrome mostly now. And it only has 8 (unless somebody can tell me a way to set more that I haven't found). I need like 20, at least.
The reason I posted this thread was I just tried using Opera again. Last time was a while ago and I hated it. Well, it's improved a lot. Still not perfect and there are a lot of weird things it does, but it's very cool. Highly configurable, lots of themes (many of which you may actually want to use!), etc.

Anyway, Opera's grid view (called "speed dial") can be set to accommodate up to 25 pages. It might be worth checking out. The only thing is you'll have to go in and configure some things to get used to it. The keyboard shortcuts and some other behaviors are quite a bit different from other browsers, at least in my experience (moving from Firefox to Opera on Windows).

EDIT: Looks like Speed Dial is available for Chrome! Neat find, chucker, I just assumed it was an Opera thing. That might be a better idea than switching to Opera since again, it is a bit weird.