View Single Post
Matsu
Veteran Member

2012-06-26, 07:17

A friend who's getting tired of hearing me obsess about what computer to get admonished me to just get a mac mini. His set-up is not unlike yours, with some big high end NEC monitor, I think it's a 30". He's a good graphic artist, does a little photography and a bunch of catalogue and retouching stuff to pay the bills. He had the first Mac Pro, whatever year that came out, and a beautiful quicksilver tower before that - still gathering dust in his house...

Most of the photographers in the college say, just get an iMac, and calibrate it, it's good enough. He's never liked the iMac, but he's a color nerd even though most of his work ends up CMYK, his impassioned advice was that most of instructors are idiots, or lying because they don't want to give up all their secrets, and I need to spend as much as possible on the screen. I have to admit, the Mini with an SSD seems pretty snappy. I wonder how it would go with two SSDs in RAID 0?

Lack of USB3 is holding me back from getting any Apple desktop at the moment, but how much do you love that display? Would you live with a lesser one after having an Eizo?