Thread: Apple and Tesla
View Single Post
Robo
Formerly Roboman, still
awesome

2019-07-24, 17:11

I think it’s a little amusing that as we’ve been having this conversation, Tesla announced a quarterly loss that was far greater than expectations, and their stock plummeted.

I’m pulling for Tesla, I really am, but I don’t have as much confidence in their future as I did a few years ago. I’m not sure I’d buy a Tesla, right now, even if it was technically superior to an EQC or iX3. They’re making moves that seem increasingly erratic, like finally introducing the long-promised $35K Model 3 and then immediately canning it. Musk went on the record as saying that Tesla was “weeks” from bankruptcy as recently as a year ago, a time when he was telling people everything was okay, which doesn’t inspire confidence when he’s telling everyone everything is okay now. They seem over-extended.

What is their plan for passenger cars, beyond “S3XY”? When is the Model S going to be redesigned? It’s been out for nearly a decade, now, and yet that doesn’t seem to even be on Tesla’s horizon yet. They’re making a new Roadster, a pickup, a semi…

I’ve heard a few too many horror stories from Tesla owners who love their cars but have everything fall apart the moment they need service or repair or really anything at all from Tesla the company. I’m beginning to agree with the idea that it’s time for “grownups” to run the show.

and i guess i've known it all along / the truth is, you have to be soft to be strong