Thread: iPhone 13
View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-11-04, 11:26

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
Been a fan of FaceID since I setup my Xs, would not want to go back to just Touch ID. Don’t miss having to push the home button all the time in the least.
In a weird way, I just miss how Touch ID established consent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
When my hands are dirty Touch ID is useless. FaceID still works well, even if my face gets dirty.
Well, yeah, but Face ID doesn't work well when it's raining because my glasses refract too much light, nor does it work at weird angles, nor does it work in the bed when I'm holding the phone at a different distance because I don't have glasses on (that one took me… quite a while to figure out).

I… just don't think of it as a huge net win.

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
It does, and I've used it the entire time I've had this iPhone SE. It debuted on the iPhone 6s, and this SE came 4-5 months after that, with the same capability (they used the same A9 and, I'm assuming, basic sensors).
Yeah, I'm dumb. It's tap-to-wake I'm thinking of, isn't it? You can tap anywhere on a Face ID phone and the lock screen appears (and, if Face ID works, it unlocks). I think you can only use the home button or lock button to wake a Touch ID phone.