View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-11-19, 06:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by PB PM View Post
That kind of rental model would be a nightmare for business owners who need to have a work vehicle. Hail a work truck, great. Oh cannot get one right now, yikes. Call the client, "sorry, couldn't get a work truck today, cannot finish job xyz till Thursday", client response, "but my roof is leaking now", "sorry, cannot help you." For an office worker who is working from home 50-75% of the time? Sure, but anyone who has to be somewhere and be dependable? No way.
I don't think we should avoid pursuing technology because all edge cases haven't been covered yet.

A ton of car traffic is simply dumb commuting from home to work, and then back from work to home. It doesn't require a truck, or a special kind of car, in fact it arguably shouldn't require individual traffic at all. More specialized use cases like a handyman's work truck aren't a good fit for a hailing service, no doubt.

(but, again, I think this rumor is utter nonsense)