View Single Post
chucker

Send a message via ICQ to chucker Send a message via AIM to chucker Send a message via MSN to chucker Send a message via Yahoo to chucker Send a message via Skype™ to chucker 
2021-12-03, 10:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
I thought these things were supposed to pop up and alert you if one was in your vicinity/moving with you, that isn’t registered/belonging to you, to prevent stuff like this (and stalking).
Yes.

Quote:
But if you don’t have an iPhone (I suppose there are a handful of high-end car owners who, for whatever reason, don’t) then you could be tracked this way without ever realizing?
I'm not quite sure how that works. I think you can manually read an AirTag from an Android phone (probably because it sends an NFC signal that pops up as a text on Android?), but that probably requires knowing the tag exists.

Quote:
Are these people doing additional front-end research to make sure they’re attaching them to the cars of people without iPhones? Or would an Android-based phone also receive some sort of “strange tracker detected nearby…is this yours?” alert?
I think the problem is that Android doesn't really know to scan for these.