View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2021-12-03, 12:25

I think they may turn out to be a problem in search of a problem, big picture. I can see them going the way of the iPod Hi-Fi in the coming years.

Is their stated purpose truly a pressing, needed thing? I don’t believe so. Distracted laziness can be overcome without paying for extra tech to keep one from losing their keys, purse, backpack or suitcase. People have done so for decades and decades. I realize, in the second decade of the 21st century, everyone's got their own head up their ass 24/7 with all their gadgets, gizmos and other "distractions"...but come on.

To me it’s been one of those “just because you can doesn’t mean you have to” things.

If kids aren’t swallowing the batteries, then people are having their stuff stolen. Just from the “more potential headache than it’s worth” front, I can see Apple eventually going “alright, enough of this…”.

And, yes…not because they’re the only company selling such things. But because they’re the 13,000-pound monkey in the room, with more money than God, selling such things.

I believe we’ve already seen how bonehead consumers, and billboard lawyers, like to make a snack out of Apple, any chance they get.