Thread: Pets v.2
View Single Post
atomicbartbeans
reticulating your mom

Send a message via AIM to atomicbartbeans  
2005-07-24, 10:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuonRotto
Dammit, every time I tell myself that it's a bad idea to get a dog, I either see one outside or I find this thread again. You people are torturing me!

Advice sought:

single guy,
1,000 sf apartment (with lots of other dog owners nearby, mind you) downtown,
work being 15 minutes away by car,
a college campus and park space in walking distance,
some extra cash coming in soon,
would need to go back to work on some nights

should I even consider getting a dog? I'm worried about not being home for it, and it not having a playmate or needing to be penned in during the day at least for a while. It would probably be housebroken already if I get one old enough from the animal rescue, but not necessarily -- though maybe it should be necessary. *sigh* So confused.…
May I heartily recommend Guinea Pigs. (see above picture of mine)

They only need about an hour of your loving attention each day (less if you have 2), can be left for 2 days if necessary, and they are very clean. They're also extremely friendly/inquisitive, love to cuddle, can be litter-trained (if you'd like to let them wander around all day), and make the most peculiar squeaking and cooing noises when hungry. Their chief diet is Alfalfa and/or Timothy Hay, but they'll also eat fruits, vegetables... almost anything that grows. They live for 8-15 years. As they only get around 4-5 pounds and small-cat-size, they are very conducive to sitting in your lap for hours at a time while at the computer.

Guinea Pigs are the nerd's best friend.

You ask me for a hamburger.