View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2010-12-20, 03:08

Okay, map update time!

New areas of interest:
  • At the very top (northwest) is 709's "Flaming Mountain", named such because it was already engulfed when he got there, long before my little accident. It turns out there's a lava flow on one side of the mountain that had ignited the trees.
  • Kraetos joined the map and started building a house and a pub next to my new White House courtyard. Still under early construction!
  • SpecMode and Bryson and bbsky greatly extended the skywalk. It now reaches to Mushroom Mountain, has a stone staircase instead of wood, connects with Castle Bryson, and connects via spiral staircase to the spawn area.
  • Bonn constructed a NYC Apple Store replica near Castle Bryson, beneath the new leg of the skywalk.
  • Farms! I don't know who made them, but there are at least two: one underground and one out in the water.

I spent a couple hours manually putting out the giant forest fire (yes, a few small embers remain). Most logs will actually burn eternally, and that's too risky for a community map like this. Fortunately, the Robot Chicken Star Wars marathon was on TV in the background to help me retain my sanity while I chopped away. Some time later this week I fully plan to go trotting through the woods and plant saplings to regrow the resources.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.