View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2022-01-16, 14:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by psmith2.0 View Post
Hey, you fixed it. Awesome.
Now you cretins can't say I never do anything for you!

Spoiler (click to toggle):

Quote:
I'm viewing on my iPhone in the "iPhone setting" and the dark hiding box is visible. Yay! Thank you very much. And it's working as it should over in the Wordle thread. Now I can cruise that thread on my phone at any time and not worry about seeing something I don't wanna. Other threads too (movies, etc.).
Excellent! I also use the iPhone theme on my iPhone, and I'd probably noticed the absence of the spoiler functionality before, but I also probably shrugged it off with the assumption that nobody else really used it. I'm glad to see comments from this thread and the Wordle thread proved that assumption wrong!

Quote:
Was that just a setting somewhere on your end, or something to tweak in that iPhone format?
I had to dig through our code to remember how I implemented the spoiler tag in the first place. It's a very crude JavaScript + CSS hack, and neither the JavaScript nor the CSS were loading on the iPhone theme. From the looks of things, I just never implemented it for the iPhone theme. But now I have! Once I remembered how it worked, it was just a matter of some copying code into a few key places.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.