View Single Post
psmith2.0
Mr. Vieira

2022-05-04, 07:35

Dork!

I remember the first 3-4 seasons of BCS hitting roughly a year from each other. "Okay, fine...", but then there was one gap (4-5?) and it was about 18 or so months (instead of debuting in the spring, April or May) it was pushed to September or so. Those first three seasons hit during the time Bates Motel was on A&E and I was watching my honeybun in that. I remember being grateful to the TV gods that the only two shows I watched hit in the spring-y March-May timeframe, and kinda leapfrogged each other), and then I could be done with my "appointment" viewing for the rest of the year (I hate watching shows; I love the shows themselves, I just hate the ritual of watching them...knowing I have to be on the couch on a certain night/time, phone muted, etc. ). But, yeah...the gap between season 5 and this new one - COVID, Odenkirk's heart attack, etc. - felt like forever-and-a-half!

I completely lost interest/momentum and am just now, three episodes in, getting my give-a-damn back.

EDIT: Okay, I've done some Googling.

- Seasons 1-2 hit in February of 2015 and 2016 and ran for 10 episodes until April of each year
- Season 3 got pushed back a bit, running from April-June 2017 (10 episodes)
- Season 4 is when it started to push out a bit more, August-October in 2018 (again, 10 episodes)
- No BCS activity at all in 2019
- And then about a 16-month gap until season 5 (February-April 2020, 10 episodes)

And then it was indeed a solid two years (no BCS activity in 2021, no surprise) between the end of season 5 (April 20, 2020) and the premiere of season 6 three weeks ago (April 18, 2022). So I wasn't imagining it...it was two long years between seasons 5-6, during which I just kinda stopped thinking about it and didn't even know if it was coming back. I eventually stopped looking/Googling about it, and wasn't even thinking about it until the news of Bob Odenkirk's on-set heart attack hit last summer.

"Oh, I guess they're doing another season...hope he's okay!"

Here's an interesting thing I just learned via my Googling: this current, and final, season is actually 13 episodes (all five of the others were an even 10 each), and it's going to be broken into two chunks with a month-plus break in between.

Episodes 1-7: April 18 - May 23 (we still have four more to go on this segment/cluster)
*the rest of May, all of June and the first of July: mini-hiatus/break
Episodes 8-13: July 11 - August 15

I imagine those final six episodes starting in July are where we see some familiar faces from BB, and learn the ultimate fate of Kim Wexler.

Then again, this show pivots like crazy and often does the unexpected rug pull like few others, so we could see the above at any time. I hope Kim, at some point, sees the writing on the wall and just gets fed up with all the lies, scamming and uneasiness and leaves, moving far away to Vermont or somewhere (and that's why we never see/hear about her on Breaking Bad; she left that life, Jimmy, New Mexico, etc.). Because it'll be very sad/cruel if she's the one who ultimately pays the price for all of Jimmy's/Saul's shenanigans and associations.

Last edited by psmith2.0 : 2022-05-04 at 08:14.