View Single Post
thegelding
feeling my oats

Send a message via AIM to thegelding  
2005-08-13, 22:46

when i moved from maryland to new mexico i drove a 24 foot truck pulling a trailer with my car on it...two thousand miles...and nasty summer miles...ah the tales i could tell...at one point on interstate 70 they had us detour onto a small two lane side road due to construction...it was in ohio, the middle of a hot day and suddenly the "check engine" light comes on...just as suddenly the power goes out and i have to coast to the shoulder, which wasn't big enough for the truck so i was partially blocking what was already awful traffic due to all of interstate 70 traffic being on a two lane road...anyway i think, "maybe i should check the engine"...so i open the huge front hood and the engine is on fire...not a big fire, but still fire coming up from the center of the engine...i run back to the cab and grab the only liquid there...a big gulp of dr pepper i bought to keep me jolted up...i throw the DP on the fire and out it goes...but the engine is toast and i am halfway blocking the road...bad bad mojo....

it goes on, but i must stop there for now

g

have fun tomorrow

crazy is not a rare human condition

everything is food if you chew hard enough

Last edited by thegelding : 2005-08-13 at 22:49.