View Single Post
Windswept
On Pacific time

2004-08-30, 21:52

Besides alcimedes, some other 'original' .org/AN members' birthdays coming up: Moogs, Kickaha, the gelding, Mac+.

What a nice group! Makes me wonder why the Virgo I actually *married* couldn't have been as nice as you guys.

Then again, maybe he 'was', and I was just too immature to appreciate his virtues. We were *such* good friends *after* getting divorced. Weird, huh?

You guys would have liked him...laid-back, easy-going, smart, cute (!!!!!); but not very emotionally forthcoming. He's a research and development engineer in the bio-medical division of a large company.

Hey Mac+...I 'know' you're a Libra. A truly fine sign....an 'air' sign, that goes well with the Leo fire sign.

Well, you Virgos are 'earth' signs...so you should all be quite compatible with other earth signs (Capricorn, Taurus), and with water signs (Pisces, Cancer, Scorpio).

I know you guys hate astrology. Please do not feel a burning need to explain precession yet again. *I* regard astrology completely and *only* as a 'fun' thing. I don't believe in it, 'go' by it, or pay attention to it; so the whole 'precession' controversy does not bother me.

However, I *do* think astrology is interesting, because of all the many people I know for whom the sign stuff is 'dead-on' accurate. If you had an open mind, and didn't feel the need to look at this stuff with a 'scientific eye', you might find it interesting as well. I LOVE science. I don't think of astrology as science in any way, shape, or form... but only as 'fun stuff'.

Hey alcimedes, guess what your horoscope said in my newspaper today?

"Your family life could change. Don't worry; the event could be something as simple as getting a home office."

HA!!!! Now, whaddaya think of *that*??!!!!! In all the time I've been reading daily horoscopes, I've NEVER seen a comment about a home office. EVER!!!! When I saw that statement earlier today, my mouth fell open; because you were just saying that you've got a new home office. Right?

So, for all the skeptics out there, that's rather interesting, don't you think?

I'm mentioning astrology today, because I have been toying with the idea of doing a "sign-compatibility" column for the front page ( that is, discussing 'your' sign paired up with 'each' of the other zodiac signs that your lover might have). I just have to decide whether I feel like enduring the slings and arrows from you guys, in addition to committing the time necessary for such an endeavor.