View Single Post
DMBand0026
Veteran Member

2004-09-01, 12:37

If you can, I'd wait the month or two that you are able to, a speedbump seems likely in the coming weeks. If you can't wait, buy now, I have the 12" with the superdrive and it's an awesome machine.

1. Speedbumps of products often don't come at big Apple events. Rather, they would quietly announce it on their website and maybe put out a press release or two. So I wouldn't expect another revision of the G4 PBs to happen at a big Apple event. However, the Cram & Jam deal ends September 25th I believe. If the PowerBooks haven't been updated by than, I'd buy, it's hard to pass up a $60 USD iPod

2. Paris Expo is over and done with. Say hi to the iMac G5

3. 256 MB of RAM is enough, however, enough isn't good enough Head over to Crucial for probably the best RAM out there. They'll even walk you through picking what kind of RAM you need. I had an awesome experience with them, and free shipping too. Don't buy your extra RAM from Apple, it's far too expensive. And installing the RAM yourself will not void your warranty, RAM is considered a user installable part, and it's very easy to put in.

4. I've heard great things about the JBL Creature Speakers, I use an AirPort Express Basestation to stream audio to my receiver, it works pretty well.

Good luck with your purchase, any more questions, feel free to ask

Come waste your time with me

Last edited by DMBand0026 : 2004-09-01 at 12:38. Reason: Removed quote