View Single Post
Luca
ಠ_ರೃ

2004-09-02, 10:29

I'd have to disagree with Moogs - the G4 in its current form is not going to get tremendously faster, but the next G4 used in the PowerBooks isn't going to be the same exact processor. If they move to dual-core G4s, it will make them much faster. If they use next-generation G4s with an improved architecture and a higher clock speed, they will be much better even if they don't go dual core. There won't be another PowerBook with the current 7447 processor - it has topped out at 1.5 GHz. The next ones will use a better processor, and it's highly likely that it'll have multiple architectural improvements in addition to a higher clock speed.

I'm not saying you have to wait - I'm just trying to make the point that Apple rarely does a totally lackluster update. Sometimes they're boring, yes, but it's not often that a speed bump will not make the computers significantly better. They don't just get faster processors, you also get faster video cards, larger hard drives, and maybe a few other extra features.