View Single Post
¡Damned!

2011-03-30, 09:41

I wonder if we shouldn't mention a few guidelines now that we're getting a few more players on the server? There's no "rules" per se, but we do try to be mindful of the world and each other's projects.

• For example, if you want to build something massive or close to someone else, ask if there are already plans in place for the area or if they're trying to leave it as-is.
• There's a hard limit of how much disk space we have, so we try to keep the map from bloating (with varied success ). Basically try not to go trekking for days off in one direction.
• If you need starting resources we all have various personal farms for wheat, wood, sugarcane, cacti, etc. that we'd likely let you harvest until you get settled and start building farms of your own. There's also the community traps which are great for harvesting arrows, gunpowder, bones and meat. There's a large wheat farm in Bridgeport, but I don't know if that's a community farm or not. I'm sure you could use it if you need to. When harvesting wood or wheat it's good-practice to replant saplings/seeds so they'll grow for the next person. There are 2 sand mines (Kitty Hawk and Dry Dry Desert) as well, but you'll need to get directions in-game to those.
• There's a community exchange near spawn that's probably a good place to grab some starting resources too. I think there's lots of cobble and whatnot at the moment, but it's worth checking if you're looking for something in particular.
• If a creeper blows someone else's shit up as you're running away from it, mention it. Don't try to rebuild unless it's an easy fix (some of us are picky in our aesthetics ). If it's leaking lava/water everywhere put a bandage on it.

That's off the top of my head. Hopefully others will chime in with anything I may have missed.

Welcome to the world!

So it goes.