View Single Post
Brad
Selfish Heathen

2011-04-02, 01:28

Great success! Tonight we had ten (10!) players on at once and only then did the server start to groan under the strain. It looks like some of the custom JVM arguments have indeed helped a fair bit. I will try installing Java 7 tomorrow to see if that eeks out even more performance on this machine.

Also, welcome Robo! You joined at an all-time peak load on the server. So, not only were you fighting the high latency of your WiMax connection but also the occasional lag spikes caused by the server itself being under high load. Thanks for sticking through it. Hopefully the next time you connect will be a little less painful.

In local news, lots of projects are springing up around Bridgeport again. Kraetos tore down his pub and housing complex and is building a much larger, more luxurious pub. Bryson claimed the sandy area on the east side of Bridgeport to start building his new theater. iJak/TPoit tore down his farm shack and is rebuilding a stylish brick barn with a revised farmland behind it. I just finished my new house in he woods behind the Apple Store and I'm considering another project in town, but I need to sketch it out on paper first.

I guess I'm overdue for some world maps, too! I'll pull the backup tomorrow and generate some images to share here then.

Exciting times.

The quality of this board depends on the quality of the posts. The only way to guarantee thoughtful, informative discussion is to write thoughtful, informative posts. AppleNova is not a real-time chat forum. You have time to compose messages and edit them before and after posting.