View Single Post
Wyatt
Veteran Member

2012-08-22, 21:29

I know there are several people here who have developed apps for iOS or OS X, and I thought it was about time for us to have a place to talk about our work. Of course, I'll get us started.

FC Mobile (iOS, Free): Developed for my day job (did I just blow my cover?). Gives students and employees quick, easy access to campus information from iOS devices. Guests can access some basic campus info as well.

The most interesting part of this one was building a mechanism to allow Active Directory authentication from within the app. I can't reveal any of the implementation details here, but it did turn out really well.

Procfire (iOS, $1.99): My first commercial product. Procfire gives SQL Server developers and users a simple graphical interface to run stored procedures, along with the ability to mark procedures as favorites for quick and easy access. It's especially useful for non-developers to get data entry or retrieval out of SQL Server. If you want to try it, let me know so I can get you a promo code.

Queryfire (iOS, Free): My second app released under my name. Queryfire lets SQL Server developers write and run queries directly from iOS devices. If you can write it, you can run it. This one was sort of a two-layer concept. First, it's a free way for potential buyers of Procfire to try out the web service they both use without paying anything up front. Second, it's a promotional vehicle for Procfire, with a built-in ad on the server connection screen.

So, who else here is a published Mac or iOS developer?